Oct 4, 2010

ZMC Security Cameras

I have installed a set of cameras and recording system for about 2 months now. Initially, all was good as it was recording my rides and also able to do recording while my vehicle is stationary.


But after 1 mth of usage, i got a flat battery just after 1 night of recording. It was the start of things going downhill for my battery. I drove about 80km to recharge my battery again. About a week later, when i started my engine after a night of parking, i sense that the ignition sounding retarded. Quite obvious my battery is going to be fully discharged again.

After that time, i took note to turn off all recording whenever i parked my vehicle overnight. And now my ignition sounds OK again. This really defeats the purpose of getting a surveillance unit for my car. Anyway at present i do not get much ppl scratching on my car, touchwood... But i think i may need to turn it on once, i start getting such cases.

Also, i gotten the jump-start battery booster, in case it happens again. So many things to do to mitigate against this.

No comments: