Jan 2, 2011

Saucony ProGrid Hurricane 12

I had suspected, that i am suffering from underpronation, which is why I went down to Running Lab to try to find a replacement Asics shoe yesterday. I was hoping to get their advice on the matter, and did a little jog on their threadmill barefooted.

The consultant told me that i am actually having a moderate-overpronation condition. and should try to get a shoe of moderate-maximum stability, to make sure my arch does not collapse during my stride. This was totally different from my initial suspicion, hence, i decided to trust the professionals. and looked at those shoes, from the asics range, he recommended the GT-2160, it did not come in my size for the usual subtle colors. Rather, it came in bright red and luminous yellow on the entire shoe. Hence i could not buy such a ridiculous shoe, I almost gave up.

But after awhile, he showed me a Saucony equivalent shoe. The Saucony ProGrid Hurricane 12.


This shoe fits great, with wonderful support. So i took this instead.

Today i had my first real run with it. Overall i no longer feel the pain on the shin, and the inner ankle. Although i think with lack of cushioning, i feel the impact on my knees were greater, and somehow the arch lock on my right shoe, seem to cause abrasion on my right foot. Maybe i got it too tight, maybe i should loosen the laces and try again tomorrow.

p.s. Thinking back about it, i think i should never be underpronation, as i still feel pain when i was using the Asics Stratus 2.1 which was supposed to be suited for people from under to neutral pronation. So running lab was right. I guess..

No comments: